Fortis Bank Nederland divests Intertrust
De Brauw has advised Fortis Bank Nederland and BGL SA, the Luxembourg based financial services company, on the divestment of Intertrust Group Holding S.A to Waterland Private Equity Investments BV. De Brauw conducted an extensive legal vendor due diligence investigation, working together with foreign counsel in 22 jurisdictions.
Under the terms of the agreement, Waterland will acquire a 75% stake from Fortis Bank Nederland and the remaining 25% stake from BGL. The divestment of Intertrust will help Fortis Bank Nederland and BGL to focus on their core banking activities. The acquisition will expand Intertrust’s service offerings.
teamArne Grimme, Kees Peijster, Dick Hofland, Marc Ynzonides, Jan Marten van Dijk, Bernard Spoor