Ernest is resident partner of De Brauw London. He has a broad London-based practice focusing on finance, M&A, energy projects and private equity. His particular expertise includes structuring various energy projects in the area of wind farms and liquid gas storage, private equity and venture capital transactions including de-listings, all types of buy-outs and joint ventures. His clients include private equity houses, in addition to a number of Dutch and international corporates. He is a specialist in both domestic and cross-border M&A at the crossroads between M&A and acquisition financing. He is also noted for his pragmatic and can-do approach.
Chambers Global UK describes him as 'a great choice for cross-border transactions; he has a certain level of expertise that means he understands the various jurisdictions.'
- Sinopec Kantons acquires 50% stake of Vesta Terminals
- China Investment Corporation investment in GDF Suez
- Unilever's issue of its first ever Renminbi notes
- CB&I’s public take-over bid to acquire Shaw Group
- Brit Insurance EUR 1,015 recommended public offer by Apollo and CVC
- Fortress Management Group purchase of large European residential mortgage assets portfolios
- Riverstone Holdings LLC investment in Intrinergy
- Vitol’s acquisition of Shell’s downstream business in 19 African countries