- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in the Netherlands in 2006.
- Finance and debt restructuring, corporate governance and reorganisation
- Dutch, English
- University of Groningen, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Tufts University
Ferdinand specialises in international debt restructuring, cross-border finance work and finance-driven corporate transactions. He has particular expertise in insolvency-sensitive and other high-stakes financing transactions for multinational companies.
In addition to an international corporate client base, Ferdinand regularly acts for private equity firms and their portfolio companies, shareholders and creditors. Recent instructions include complex debt restructurings, corporate reorganisations, asset-based (re)financings, acquisition financings and debt capital markets transactions.
His practice spans the full range of finance transactions, often in an unstable or strained setting. Ferdinand regularly advises management and boards of directors on the corporate, corporate governance, fiduciary duties and liability considerations affiliated with certain transactions, scenario planning, and their corporate funding.
Ferdinand is a candidate member of INSOLAD, co-author of the Practical Law Guide to Acquisition Finance (Netherlands chapter) and the 2017 ICLG Corporate Recovery and Insolvency guide (Netherlands chapter). He regularly lectures on leveraged financing and restructuring transactions.
Ferdinand’s recent work includes advising:
- Grupo Isolux Corsán on a suspension of payments of its Dutch subsidiary, Dutch court approval of a restructuring agreement under Spanish law, and recognition of that Dutch court approval through Chapter 15 in the US
- Royal Imtech on several cross-border debt restructurings, syndicated financing transactions, ringfencing of distressed operations, and sell-side M&A transactions
- VION Food Group on a syndicated financing, an 11-bank debt restructuring, the ringfencing and sale of a division, and a new asset-based financing
- A leading Dutch bank on restructuring of distressed loans and enforcement on assets in the shipping industry
- A global Dutch retailer on the design and implementation of a pan-European cash pooling and cash management structure