- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 2003
- Partner since
- Corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate restructuring and corporate litigation
- Dutch, English
- University of Groningen
As a corporate/M&A specialist, Klaas is the trusted adviser to a number of listed companies and to private equity firms on a wide range of issues, including public and private M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance and listing rules in the Netherlands and abroad.
Klaas has considerable experience in cross-border M&A, assisting clients in their transactions outside their home country. When necessary, Klaas leads those transactions with the help of local lawyers, taking full responsibility for the entire project with the help of De Brauw’s pool of experienced project managers and budgeting tools.
Klaas’s recent work includes advising:
- HAL Investments on the sale of AudioNova to Sonova and on the acquisition of Deli Building Supplies from NPM Capital and Avedon Capital
- RELX on a number of divestments including various publishing activities and Royal PBNA
- Grontmij on the EUR 354 million recommended public offer by Sweco
- Royal Ahold Delhaize on the acquisition of SPAR’s Czech business and the divestment of its Slovakian activities
- Klépierre on the EUR 7.2 billion recommended public exchange offer for Corio
'Rising star Klaas de Vries is singled out by commentators for his M&A work.' - Chambers Europe