- Advocaat (admitted to the Bar in 2006)
- Regulatory and Criminal Enforcement, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets
- Dutch, English, French
- University of Leiden, Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris
Rick specialises in enforcement matters, both regulatory and criminal. He regularly conducts cross-border internal or regulatory investigations, often with a US, UK and EU angle. His areas of expertise also include international trade, anti-bribery legislation and compliance.
Rick represents corporations and financial institutions that are subject to criminal investigation and enforcement proceedings. He also advises on pre-enforcement compliance issues, especially in the field of international trade and anti-bribery regulation.
His international background includes having practised law at De Brauw London for two years, and he regularly speaks on internal investigations, international trade, anti-bribery compliance and related topics.
Rick’s recent work includes representing and advising:
- Ordina, a listed leading Benelux IT integrator, in a much-publicised internal investigation into possible irregularities in various public tenders in the governmental sector
- Royal Imtech, a Netherlands-based technical services provider for electrical, ICT and mechanical engineering, in an internal investigation in relation to potential irregularities relating to its Swiss operations
- A Dutch global service provider to the oil & gas industry in relation to anti-corruption compliance in an African jurisdiction
- A Dutch global service provider to the oil & gas industry in relation to economic sanctions and export controls compliance and related investigations
- A Dutch multinational company in relation to an investigation into possible irregularities relating to a South American subsidiary