The transition to renewable energy brings vast changes and presents several challenges to the energy sector, and De Brauw is prepared for it.
De Brauw is actively involved in almost every key project, vital litigation and regulatory matter and in the significant transactions in the energy sector. The wide range of matters include the whole spectrum of the energy mix: from oil & gas (including LNG) and nuclear to renewable energy such as wind (onshore and offshore) and solar, hydrogen and heat. This leads to an in-depth and systemic market and sector knowledge of the complex energy system.
We are involved in many matters relating to global energy transition, restructuring of the energy market and are representing clients in renewable energies, carbon storage and in climate change litigation. We can do so because over the past couple of decades we have been actively involved in all major developments within the energy sector.
Energy, Infrastructure and Environment
De Brauw is the only law firm in the Netherlands that has an energy practice that integrates our in-house expertise in transactions, regulation, litigation and (criminal) enforcement. We work in small multi-expertise teams, staffed as required by the matter and as cost-effective as possible.
• Porthos, a ground-breaking and highly sensitive CCUS-project in the Rotterdam area initiated by Port of Rotterdam, Gasunie and EBN;
• advising the North Sea Wind Power Hub, an innovative cross-border new energy platform – initiated by TenneT (the Netherlands and Germany), Energinet (Denmark), Port of Rotterdam and Gasunie involving complex multi-jurisdictional questions on untouched terrains;
• the multi-billion Euro sale of Eneco, one of the largest Dutch energy companies (leading in renewable energy and active in various jurisdictions);
• Advising the Port of Rotterdam and Gasunie in connection with the large-scale heat-distribution network known as the “heat roundabout” and
• Advising Ørsted on the development and divestments of its Dutch offshore wind assets