De Brauw DPO Day
With the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) nearly a year in force and the first major privacy fines being handed down by Data Protection Authorities across Europe, data governance is a top priority across industries.
The GDPR mandates most organisations to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee high-risk data processing activities. Nonetheless, a year down the road, many organisations are still coming to grips with this GDPR novelty.
Do you want to get a deeper grasp of the DPO function, how other organisations structure the DPO office and the expectations from Data Protection Authorities on their collaboration with this new “internal supervisor”?
We are pleased to invite you to the “De Brauw DPO Day”, held on Friday, 10 May 2019 from 13:30 – 17:00 at our offices.
During the seminar we will offer practical insights on the following questions:
- How do large organisations fit the new DPO office into their governance structures?
- How will the collaboration between your DPO and the Dutch Data Protection Authority take shape?
- How to deal with the requirements around the DPO’s independence, accountability and confidentiality in multinational companies?
- In which situations do you involve the DPO, and how to resolve initial disagreements and innovate?
We are honoured that the following keynote speakers have accepted our invitation to speak to these questions:
- Cecile Schut, Director System Supervision, Security and Technology at the Dutch Data Protection Authority, responsible for DPO policy and cooperation
- Simon Hania Data Protection Officer at Uber
- Geert Potjewijd, De Brauw’s Managing Partner, and Axel Arnbak will present their insights on the role and governance of the DPO office and conduct an interactive real-time study on the role of the DPO office among leading corporates in Europe.
We will end the day with drinks.
Date, time and location
The De Brauw DPO Day will be held at our offices in Amsterdam on Friday, 10 May 2019 from 13:30 to 17:00. Please note that this event is based on invitation only.
For more information, please contact Lisette Kunst
T: +31 20 577 1511