Anja specialises in corporate law, contract law and mergers and acquisitions and has extensive experience in various industry sectors. As head of De Brauw’s energy group, she has a particular focus on energy, sustainability and natural resources. Her expertise ranges from public bids to private equity and strategic deals, both national as well as international.
Anja’s background, prior to joining De Brauw, as in-house counsel and retail manager at ExxonMobil contributes greatly to her thinking with her clients. She also publishes and lectures regularly in her areas of expertise. She completed with honours a post-graduate course for company lawyers and two post-graduate Grotius Academy courses.
Anja’s recent work includes advising:
- Tata on its contemplated European joint venture with Thyssenkrupp
- Caldic on the divestment of its business to PE funds managed by Goldman Sachs and various cross border deals including the acquisition of R2 in Denmark, The Ingredient Company and Nealanders in Canada, RoRe in France and Sollaari Oy in Finland
- Vopak on various international transactions including the acquisition and restructuring of Exmar’s LNG business
- SNS REAAL on its divestment of the insurance business REAAL to the Chinese Anbang Insurance Group
- Waterland private equity on various acquisitions and joint ventures in the waste sector including the acquisition of Attero
- ENGIE on transferring its stake in the Paiton power station (Indonesia) to Nebras and various other transactions
- TenneT on various M&A matters including the establishment of an international offshore wind hub in the North Sea and the acquisition of the 150kV power grid in the Rotterdam region from Stedin and Eneco, subsequent to the acquisition of the power grids from Nuon, Essent, Delta and Transpower in Germany
- Gasunie on various corporate and M&A matters including its investments in foreign gas network