Bernard is a partner in De Brauw’s Corporate/M&A practice. He specialises in corporate/M&A transactions, corporate advisory and investment management. He also advises on financial markets regulation. From 2014-2019, he was a member of De Brauw’s management board and head of the firm’s Corporate practice. Bernard also has substantial international experience. He was resident partner at De Brauw New York from 2003-2007, and was an associate at De Brauw London from 1992 to 1996.
Bernard has contributed to a number of publications on Dutch corporate and securities laws and Euronext rules, and is a frequent guest speaker at conferences. He is a member of the Dutch Bar Association, the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Bernard has advised:
- Royal BAM Group on its joint venture with PGGM regarding BAM’s PPP business
- COFRA Holding on the acquisition of Sunrock Investments
- QIAGEN N.V. on the acquisition by American headquartered Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- FrieslandCampina on its member financing structure
- Rabobank on the divestment of Robeco to ORIX Corporation
- A consortium on the EUR 3.7 billion acquisition of LeasePlan from Global Mobility Holding
- Apollo on the acquisition of specialty pharmaceutical company Covis Pharma
- Waterland Private Equity on the divestment of Intertrust to the Blackstone Group
- Stichting Pensioenfonds Unilever Nederland “Progress“ on the outsourcing of its asset management to Univest company
- Viking Global Investors and General Atlantic on the round C financing and subsequent IPO of Pharvaris Pharma
- Port of Rotterdam on governance aspects
- Groupe Salins on the acquisition of the high quality salt specialties business of Nouryon Holding B.V.
- Canada Life on its EUR 5.5 billion longevity reinsurance agreement with Vivat
- PME on the sale of the EUR 0.9 billion mortgage loan portfolio of PVF Zakelijke Hypothekenfonds