Henk specialises in corporate and tax law and, in particular, mergers and acquisitions and private equity structuring. Since joining De Brauw, Henk has advised numerous multinationals and private equity clients on public and private transactions, leveraged buy-outs and complex cross-border transactions and corporate restructurings.
Legal 500 recognises Henk as a next generation lawyer and Henk was in 2020 nominated for the Netherlands best m&a tax advisor.
Henk is a member of the Dutch Bar Association and the Dutch Tax Lawyer’s Association and holds an MSc in financial economics.
Henk’s recent work includes advising
- Takeaway.com on numerous M&A transactions including its acquisition of the German business of Delivery Hero and the combinations with both Just Eat and Grubhub
- AkzoNobel on numerous M&A transactions including the separation and sale of its Specialty Chemicals to The Carlyle Group and GIC for EUR 10.1 billion
- Royal Philips on numerous M&A transactions including the EUR 862 million IPO of Philips Lighting and the sale of Philips’ 80.1% interest in Lumileds to Apollo
- T-Mobile and Deutsche Telekom on the combination of T-Mobile and Tele2, the divestment of T-Infra and the acquisitions of Vodafone’s fixed line consumer business and Simpel.nl
- Topicus.com on its combination with Total Specific Solutions and subsequent listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Siemens AG on the EUR 600 million acquisition of Mendix
- EVBox Group to become a public company via a business combination with TPG Pace Beneficial Finance
- Impax Asset Management on the acquisition, financing, development and sale of Zonnepark Vlagtwedde, the largest Dutch solar park (110MW)