Salima is a Senior Associate in our Litigation and Data Protection and Cybersecurity practices. Salima is best known for assisting clients in landmark class action lawsuits, and enforcement actions by Data Protection Authorities. Salima also assists clients on international transfers of personal data in cross-border internal investigations and discovery proceedings.
Clients appreciate Salima's pragmatic approach when dealing with complex multidisciplinary cases.
Salima's work involves both the Amsterdam and Brussels offices, the latter of which is at the heart of our pan-European practice. Salima is fully integrated in multidisciplinary teams across the firm, collaborating with our M&A and Regulatory Enforcement practice. She is fluent in Dutch, English, French and spoken Algerian Arabic. Salima is also an advocate for Diversity and Inclusion within our firm.
Salima's recent work includes advising:
- Major tech company on a landmark class action lawsuit initiated by a claim vehicle, based on the new regulatory regimes for class actions under both EU privacy law and Dutch civil law
- Major Dutch company during an investigation by the Dutch DPA that closed without further enforcement
- Major multinational companies with strategic advice on international transfers of personal data in cross-border internal investigations and discovery proceedings
- Various large companies with Dutch EMEA headquarters on high-risk privacy projects
- Major Dutch company in setting up a centralised camera network involving a multitude of public and private stakeholders