- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 1990
- Partner since
- Employment law, works council, pensions and employee benefits
- Dutch, English
- Radboud University of Nijmegen
Barbara advises and litigates on the full spectrum of employment related matters. She has significant expertise in the traditional individual employment matters as well as the corporate transaction related projects.
Barbara and her team lead the relevant employment law issues as part of preparing and completing a transaction, including assisting in a transfer of undertaking (TUPE). She acknowledges the “flavours” in different jurisdictions and is highly experienced in dealing with what these flavours mean.
Barbara also concentrates on individual matters at board and management level, such as dismissals, remuneration, promotions or demotions.
Barbara’s recent work includes representing and advising:
- AKZO Calder’s works council process and employment related individual matters, coordinating more than 20 countries.
- IMCD on IPO employment matters.
- Klépierre Corio’s and Klépierre Wereldhave’s works council and reorganisation in two subsequent transactions.
- ARCADIS and UNIT4 on the transfer of undertaking negotiations in various transactions.
- Prosensa on an IPO and individual board members.
"very accessible" and "knows how works councils may react in any given situation".
Client feedback in The Legal 500