- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 1992
- Partner since
- Litigation and arbitration (banking/finance, cartel damage, commercial, corporate, corporate social responsibility (CSR), energy, insolvency and restructuring), including Supreme Court litigation
- Dutch, English
- Erasmus University of Rotterdam (Ph.D)
Berto Winters specialises in litigation and arbitration in multiple areas (such as banking/finance, cartel damage, commercial, corporate, CSR, energy, insolvency and restructuring), including Supreme Court litigation. He represents national and international corporates, financial institutions and professional service firms in complex matters before all Dutch courts and arbitral tribunals and before foreign courts. He often represents clients in collective actions. His Supreme Court appeals have led to several landmark decisions in the area of corporate governance and insolvency.
Berto also works with other international law firms, advising them on Dutch law aspects of international matters and representing their clients before Dutch courts and arbitral tribunals.
Berto’s recent work includes representing:
- a corporate in cartel damage cases that are litigated in most European countries
- a financial institution in a collective action on alleged violation of a duty of care in relation to CSR
- a financial institution in a collective action on Euribor/Libor
- a corporate in a matter brought before the Dutch National Contact Point on alleged violation of CSR guidelines
Berto is admitted to the Supreme Court bar.
‘Competent, practical and a good negotiator’. - Legal 500