- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 2002
- Partner since
- Commercial litigation, contract law, product liability and recall
- Dutch, English
- Leiden University
Daan, as a noted litigator, specialises in liability and commercial contract law. He has represented leading corporations in both jurisdictional and multi-jurisdictional complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution and has advised a broad spectrum of international clients on all kind of liability issues.
He also serves as a deputy judge in the District Court of Haarlem and regularly lectures and publishes on liability and contract law.
Daan’s recent work includes representing and advising:
- British Airways in various multijurisdictional follow-on proceedings in relation to the alleged air cargo cartel
- Heineken on several contracting issues pertaining to the centralization of Heineken’s global purchasing activities
- Philips in various cartel damages cases in relation to the alleged CRT cartel
- A number of other clients in court proceedings, including preliminary relief proceedings, on liability and contractual matters
Daan won ILO’s 2017 Client Choice Award for best Litigation lawyer in the Netherlands.
Daan is "a trusted advisor" and is "extremely smart, pragmatic, effective and highly accessibly; he remains calm under all circumstances and radiates control".
Client feedback at Client Choice 2017