- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 1975
- Partner since
- Employment law, professional liability, sports law
- Dutch, English
- Erasmus University of Rotterdam
Harro Knijff specialises in sports law, professional liability and employment law and is a noted legal counsel to national football players and other sports professionals and sport associations. Harro also specialises in advising professional service firms and their partners in partnership disputes.
Recent work includes advising or assisting, inter alia,
- Rabobank on the dismissal by Rabobank of the cyclist Mr Michael Rasmussen
- the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB)
- many football players and clubs regarding transfers
- NOC*NSF with respect to the Olympic Games in London.
Chambers describes him as ‘a well-known sports law specialist whose high-profile clients include the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) and the National Olympic Committee.’
Harro was the dean of the Bar of The Hague from 1998 to 2002.