- Notaris (civil law notary), appointed in 1999, and Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 1990
- Partner since
- Investment management, private equity, corporate law
- Dutch, English
- University of Tilburg and University of Amsterdam
Kees specialises in investment management, including providing regulatory advice to domestic and foreign investment funds and asset managers, and advising on the structuring and restructuring of investment funds, including retail and private equity funds.
He also advises asset managers and pension funds on discretionary and fiduciary asset management agreements and asset pooling.
Kees’s recent work includes advising
- AEGON Investment Management on the implementation of the AIFM Directive and the restructuring of their fund range which includes both unit-linked (insurance) funds and retail funds.
- CBRE Global Investors Europe on the implementation of the AIFM Directive in respect of their European real estate funds (including the legacy funds from ING real estate) and the amendment of CBRE’s fund documentation.
- ING Investment Management on the implementation of the AIFM Directive and the restructuring of ING IM’s fund range which includes both unit-linked (insurance) funds and retail funds.
- Robeco (the EUR 190 billion asset manager) on the implementation of the AIFM Directive and the restructuring of their fund range, including the migration of Rorento N.V. from Curacao to Luxembourg by means of conversion and advising Robeco’s hedge fund subsidiary Transtrend on the application for its AIFMD licence.
"matches very high quality with a hands-on approach and is very client-friendly." Chambers Europe