- Notaris (civil law notary), appointed in 1999, and Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 1990
- Partner since
- Investment management, private equity, corporate law
- Dutch, English
- University of Tilburg and University of Amsterdam
Kees specialises in investment management, including providing regulatory advice to domestic and foreign investment funds and asset managers, and advising on the structuring and restructuring of investment funds, including retail and private equity funds.
He also advises asset managers and pension funds on discretionary and fiduciary asset management agreements and asset pooling.
He is a contributing editor of the Dutch Financial Law Review (Tijdschrift voor financieel recht), member of the legal and regulatory committee of InvestEurope, a lecturer at the postgraduate Grotius programme on financial law and a regular speaker at conferences.
Kees’s recent work includes advising
- NNIP on the migration of its Luxembourg management company to the Netherlands
- ABN AMRO on the spin-off of ABN AMRO Participaties
- APG Asset Management on MiFID II
- Robeco on the outsourcing of back- and mid-office functions
- Redevco on Urban Retail Ventures, a joint-venture with PGGM
"matches very high quality with a hands-on approach and is very client-friendly." Chambers Europe