- Advocaat (admitted to the Bar in 2007)
- Partner since
- (Banking) financial markets regulation and investment management
- Dutch, French, English
- University of Leiden (LL.M), University of Paris X
Mariken is partner in the Financial Markets Regulation Group. She focuses on advising large financial groups in complex matters, such as regulatory capital transactions and recovery and resolution planning, and has broad experience in advising on regulatory matters that arise in M&A transactions. Mariken also advises on licence requirements and on the ongoing obligations of companies active in the financial services industry, particularly the prudential supervision of banks, insurance companies and investment companies.
Her secondment with a large Dutch bank has contributed greatly to her wealth of knowledge, especially in the field of solvency and liquidity regulation, and remuneration policy.
Mariken is a guest teacher at the Grotius Specialisatieopleiding Financiering en Zekerheden. She is also a co-editor of Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht.
Mariken’s recent work includes advising
- ABN AMRO on its listing on Euronext Amsterdam
- Rabobank and its subsidiary DDL on the sale of Athlon Car Lease to Daimler AG for EUR 1.1 billion
- Rabobank on the listing of its Member Certificates on Euronext Amsterdam
- Rabobank on the divestment of a 90.01% interest in Robeco to Japanese company ORIX Corporation
- SNS Bank on reaching an agreement with NIBC on the acquisition of SNS Securities
- SNS REAAL on all issues related to its nationalisation and legal proceedings initiated against the Company in relation thereto
- SNS REAAL on the sale of VIVAT Verzekeringen to Chinese Angbang Insurance Group
- consortium of investors on the acquisiton of Lease Plan for EUR 3.7 billion
- several large Dutch banks on financial markets regulation