- Partner / Notaris (Civil Law Notary)
- Partner since
- Corporate Advisory, real estate, finance
- Dutch, English
- Erasmus University of Rotterdam and University of Utrecht
Mark’s expertise bridges corporate, finance and real estate law. He has been involved in many international transactions where his broad experience and multidisciplinary knowledge is a significant asset. Mark often also works closely with and coordinates teams of De Brauw’s specialists when a complex matter demands know-how in the full spectrum of legal issues.
He returned to our Amsterdam headquarters in August 2014 after having been resident partner of De Brauw New York since 2011. Mark has advised clients ranging from Dutch and US multinational companies to private equity firms and global banks on corporate structuring, joint ventures, acquisitions, contract law and real estate matters.
Mark’s recent work includes advising:
- Tata Steel Ltd on its intended European steel joint venture with ThyssenKrupp
- Inter Ikea on the acquisition of the supply, logistics and industry divisions of its main franchisee Ingka
- Unilever on the divestments of one of its landmark factories
- Intergamma on the corporate structuring of the buy out of its largest franchisee CRH/Van Neerbos
- One of the largest US Private equity firms on the divestment of a significant portfolio of Dutch real estate assets
- Various US private equity firms on the corporate structuring of cross-border transactions
'Mark Rebergen has a strong commercial insight – a trait that typifies that culture of the firm.’ - Chambers Europe