- Notaris (civil law notary), appointed in 1994
- Partner since
- Corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance
- Dutch, English, German
- University of Leiden (Ph.D)
Martin is acclaimed in the Netherlands for his expertise in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. He has advised in virtually all recent contested takeovers in the Netherlands, assisting in developing and implementing defence strategies and negotiating settlement agreements. Martin acts as trusted adviser to one of the Netherlands’ largest retail companies, largest retail banks, and largest industrial companies.
Combined with an active practice, Martin is also professor of law at the University of Nijmegen and a regular speaker at national and international conferences. He has (co-)authored several books and numerous articles on corporate law and is chairman on Corporate Law of the Netherlands Bar Association and the association of Civil Law Notaries. Martin is also a member of the supervisory board of an insurance company.
Martin’s recent work includes advising:
- Ahold on its merger with Delhaize
- ABN AMRO on its IPO
- Rabobank on the restructuring of more than 100 banks into one Rabobank
- ING on the amendment of its corporate governance, including the abolishment of depositary receipts for shares
- Royal Reesink on the recommended public offer by Gilde
- Ten Cate on the recommended public offer by Gilde
Legal 500 lauds Martin and the corporate practice for “speed of delivery and knowledge”.