- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 1993
- Partner since
- Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Acquisition Finance, Restructuring, Asset Finance, Structured Finance and Project Finance
- Dutch, English, French
- Leiden University (civil law and tax law)
Menno specialises in (international) financing and restructuring matters. He advises on a wide range of financing matters (banking, acquisition, asset, structured and project finance) both in a going concern context and in distressed or complex situations. In these matters, Menno combines a deep market practice knowledge and expertise with tactical and strategic advice for directors and management on how to deal with special situations. Menno acts for corporates, financial institutions and private equity investors.
Menno has also practised law at De Brauw London and De Brauw New York.
Chambers says: “He’s an excellent lawyer. He keeps an overall focus on the transaction and has extensive experience of dealing with boardroom executives”.
Menno’s recent work includes advising:
- VION on a number of consecutive multi-jurisdictional debt restructurings of syndicated financing transactions and asset based financings.
- Strukton and Strabag on the restructuring of the loss-making A2 and A15 motorway projects with Ballast Nedam.
- ASML on issuing EUR 1.5 billion of notes listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange for trading on the Euro MTF market.
- Blue Yonder, a 100% subsidiary of KLM, on the refinancing of a EUR 80 million Dutch real estate loan secured by a mortgage over the financed properties located at Schiphol.
- NS Groep on entering into a EUR 300 million loan agreement with the European Investment Bank to finance the acquisition of the Next Generation Sprinters.
- RELX Finance NV on establishing its US 3 billion US Commercial Paper Programme and EUR2 billion EUR Commercial Paper Programme, guaranteed by RELX NV and RELX PLC.
'He's an excellent lawyer. He keeps an overall focus on the transaction and has extensive experience of dealing with boardroom executives'
Client feedback in Chambers Europe