Are you ready for a big challenge? Are you keen to handle several impactful business-IT projects? Then Keep on reading!
What is the job?
As an ICT Project Manager you will be working in our Law Firm's internal organisation to help improve our processes and systems through projects. We are looking to extend our PM team, where your job is to help us achieve great results in our project portfolio.
We expect you to lead and take things along from an idea, to a plan and from implementation towards a successful Go Live. Keeping the team moving forwards to the dot on the horizon. Making sure our firm will be able to realise the benefits from the project output, and ensuring both the users and our operations teams are on board and ready to take things into business.
We run projects within a wide variation. On the IT side that could be Office365, Workplace, Data, Security, System integration, Audio/Video and even custom software / Low-code development. We also support our business and clients directly, in the domain of HR, Finance, Legal, Knowledge management, Facilities and Compliance. No matter the challenge, we aim to improve and support our organisation in her day to day and future plans!
This hands-on role will require:
- collaboration with, and stakeholder management of our business and end users, actively leading and facilitating your project teams propagate these facets;
- setting up and controlling the project and administration, producing the project and resource planning and other relevant management products;
- managing and validating project financial forecasting, ensure apt and continuous alignment and communication on costs and resource planning;
- guiding and managing other IT colleagues using informal leadership;
- ensuring the project complies with the organisational standards;
- identify, evaluate and advice on project risks;
- help build and improve the organisation on standards and best practices;
- collaborate with the central portfolio organisation, compliance team and ICT operations;
- understand and help others with regards to organisational sensitivity and building up relations to achieve successful delivery of projects.
Who are you?
You manage our projects to a right outcome to enable business goals with your strong drive to achieve good results. You have a natural talent to motivate people. You understand the balance between process and pragmatism. A can-do attitude and positive towards challenges, creating structure and clarity for all involved. Adding value is what you sincerely care about.
The ideal candidate for this job:
- a Bachelor's degree or higher with experience in managing IT related projects;
- has a base certification in e.g.: PMP/PMI, Prince2, IPMA-D, DSDM, Agile/Scrum;
- is a goal orientated; achieves business goals in a planned matter and keeps this high-level overview in mind;
- excellent communication skills, has a good command of both Dutch and English in speech and writing;
- has excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills, can adapt style to what the situation and organisation need;
- is a self-starter, reliable and gets the job done;
- enthusiastic and a critical thinker.
Who are we?
This position of Project Manager is part of the Projects team in the ICT Department, which in turn forms part of Business Solutions. Our ICT team, based in Amsterdam and consisting of about 35 people, aims to organise all services and automation processes so that all our colleagues in De Brauw can add value to the customer experience.
De Brauw is a Netherlands-headquartered law firm with a global reach. We have a robust corporate practice, a centre of excellence in litigation and an unparalleled team of regulatory experts. In our international litigation practice, we handle big and complex matters involving big risks, working in multidisciplinary, multinational teams composed of strong strategic thinkers willing to go the extra mile. We believe in striking the right balance between rigour and pragmatism, especially when the stakes are high and the pressure is on.