We are looking for a senior legal adviser, with additional interest in ESG, to join our Corporate Advisory practice. The ideal candidate has a strong focus on corporate law and corporate governance, combined with an interest in environmental and sustainability.
Our Corporate Advisory (CA) practice provides services to a range of national and international corporate clients and financial institutions in a broad spectrum of high-end corporate and commercial matters. The CA team is a dynamic, dedicated international team and consists of around 40 lawyers (including six partners, several of whom are notaries). You will work alongside two other senior legal advisers in CA.
You will work closely with the CA practice group lawyers and assist them in several ways:
- advising on issues related to your area of expertise;
- organising lunches and training, developing legal tools and preparing practice notes and other relevant legal documents;
- assisting in creating client presentations and organising client events;
- maintaining and boosting a knowledge base of precedents and memoranda;
- organising lunches and training for specific areas of expertise;
- writing updates and articles for clients and colleagues to keep them up to speed with all developments in corporate law and related areas.
In addition, you closely collaborate with the other legal advisers in the CA team. Together, you will have a central role within CA by providing ongoing guidance and support to our lawyers in their daily corporate practice. You will also be part of a highly valued, firmwide team of legal advisers (currently 16 members), taking on joint projects and sharing best practices between the various practice groups. The legal advisers team is part of our Legal Operations department, and their mission is to connect legal and non-legal teams within De Brauw as they are sparring partners for both lawyers and business services.
In this role, you will be given room for professional development and personal growth. You will have ample opportunity to engage with friendly, intelligent and motivated colleagues throughout the firm.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- has over four years' relevant working experience in an international corporate practice, as a lawyer, in-house counsel or candidate civil-law notary;
- has broad knowledge of Dutch corporate law, with a focus on corporate governance and ESG;
- is sociable and has good communication skills;
- is dedicated and committed with a hands-on mentality;
- has an excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
In this role, we can offer you an excellent work-life balance, including flexible working hours and the possibility to partly work from home. You can work either full time or part time, with a minimum of 32 hours a week.
If you do not completely fit the profile but believe you are the right person for this role, please do not hesitate to contact us.