Arne Grimme acts for listed companies, large multinationals and private equity firms and specialises in public and private M&A and private equity. Arne has particular expertise in public to private transactions, leveraged buy-outs and complex cross-border transactions and corporate restructurings. He regularly works with leading law firms in other jurisdictions. He focuses particularly on the business and financing aspects of the transactions. Clients recommend him as ’a strong deal leader with a good helicopter view, practical deal skills’, and for being ‘deal-oriented but firm’.
Recent work includes advising:
- Waterland Private Equity on the divestment of Intertrust to the Blackstone Group
- ASML on the establishment of a customer co-investment programme with Intel, Samsung and TSMC
- Philips on the joint venture with TPV with respect to Philips' TV business
- Rabobank on reaching an agreement on the merger with Friesland Bank
- Schiphol Airport Group on the industrial cooperation and cross-shareholdings with Aeroport de Paris (ADP).
- Smit Internationale on the EUR 1.35 billion merger with Koninklijke Boskalis Westminster
Chambers say ‘Arne Grimme is clever, creative and effective’ as well as 'an excellent deal maker.'
Arne is ranked first tier in M&A and private equity by Chambers. He has been nominated six years in a row for the Best M&A Lawyer in the Netherlands Award.