Harro Knijff specialises in sports law, professional liability and employment law and is a noted legal counsel to national football players and other sports professionals and sport associations. Harro also specialises in advising professional service firms and their partners in partnership disputes.
Recent work includes advising or assisting:
- Rabobank on the dismissal by Rabobank of the cyclist Mr Michael Rasmussen
- the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB)
- the formation of the Philips Swimming team, including multiple Olympic Gold Medallist Pieter van den Hoogeband
- many football players regarding their transfers
- NOC*NSF with respect to the Olympic Games in Beijng.
Chambers describes him as ‘a well-known sports law specialist whose high-profile clients include
the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB) and the National Olympic Committee.’
Harro was the dean of the Bar of The Hague from 1998 to 2002.