Berto Winters specialises in corporate litigation, insolvency proceedings and restructuring, Supreme Court litigation and energy law. He represents national and international corporates, banks and professional service firms in complex corporate, insolvency, civil and energy matters before all Dutch courts and arbitral tribunals. His Supreme Court appeals have led to several landmark decisions in the area of corporate governance and insolvency. He also advises on complex international restructurings.
Berto also frequently works with other international law firms, advising them on Dutch corporate, insolvency, restructuring and civil law aspects of international matters, and representing their clients before Dutch courts and arbitral tribunals.
Berto’s recent work includes representing:
- an international company in a USD 160 million dispute on a divestment
- an international professional service firm held liable for the bankruptcy of another professional service firm
- a group of international and national oil companies in a high-profile dispute on an oil field
- a group of national and international companies and former Dutch and foreign supervisory board members in high-profile Supreme Court litigation on inquiry proceedings concerning the bankruptcy of a joint venture
- an international company in high-profile Supreme Court mass claims litigation concerning its IPO.
Chambers says that Berto impressed clients as a ‘highly qualified and competent partner.’ Legal 500 describes him as highly regarded in the market, ‘competent, practical and a good negotiator’.
Berto is admitted to the Supreme Court bar.