Jeroen heads our corporate litigation practice group. He represents clients in court proceedings, including before the Enterprise Chamber in Amsterdam, and in arbitration. His practice focuses on corporate and M&A-related disputes, including investor claims. Jeroen also has considerable M&A experience.
Jeroen is referred to by clients as "a great litigator", "creative, sharp-minded, dedicated", with "a calm but convincing litigation style" and a "top-class litigation team" (Legal 500, 2021), who "does a great job of thinking outside the box and brings the right level of creativity" (Chambers Global, 2022).
Jeroen's recent experience includes advising and representing:
- Shell in Enterprise Chamber proceedings regarding the emergency funding of its Ukrainian joint venture
- Triodos Bank's supervisory board in proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber
- a Chinese state-owned enterprise in post-M&A litigation and ICC arbitration regarding a USD 2 billion transaction
- a multinational online food delivery platform in a corporate dispute in ICC arbitration
- former SNS REAAL NV and de Volksbank in Enterprise Chamber proceedings after its nationalisation by the Dutch State
- the Eneco Shareholder Committee in Enterprise Chamber proceedings in connection with the potential privatisation of Eneco Group N.V.
- the franchiser of well-established Dutch/Belgian DIY brands in a dispute with shareholders/franchisees in Enterprise Chamber proceedings and arbitration
- a multinational manufacturer of automotive and industrial equipment in Enterprise Chamber proceedings
- a multinational online broker in a post-M&A dispute in ICC arbitration
- supermarket retailers Jumbo and Coop in post-M&A litigation against Sligro regarding the acquisition of 400+ supermarket locations
- a financial institution in a high-value dispute over professional services liability
- a hedge fund in reaching a significant settlement with Steinhoff, preceded by novel legal actions under new "Dutch scheme" bankruptcy legislation
- former management in the aftermath of the bankruptcy of KPNQwest, one of the largest Dutch bankruptcies to date