- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in New York, 1990, and Amsterdam, 2000
- Partner since
- Finance (equity capital markets, convertible instruments, regulatory)
- Dutch, English, French, German
- University of Leiden and Harvard Law School (LL.M)
Jan Willem specialises in international corporate finance with a focus on cross-border equity capital markets transactions. He advises corporates and financial institutions from close to home and far afield. His regulatory practice ranges from buy-back programs to cross-border clearing and settlement and from block trades to insider trading issues.
Jan Willem is ranked Tier 1 for equity capital markets in Chambers Global 2015 and is described by clients as “thorough, hands-on and practical.” Sources add: “He really digs into the detail and is likeable and easy to communicate with.” He was named “Best ECM lawyer of the year 2014” (M&A Community).
He has practised law as a resident lawyer in New York, Brussels and London. Jan Willem regularly lectures on Dutch securities law subjects, to audiences at home and abroad.
Jan Willem’s recent work includes advising
- on the IPO of Philips Lighting
- ABN AMRO Group on its IPO
- Royal BAM Group on its convertible bond
- IMCD on its IPO
- ARCADIS on the equity offering to partially finance the acquisition of Hyder Consulting
- Prosensa Holding on its listing on Nasdaq
An "outstanding adviser" and an "out-of-the-box thinker." Legal 500