- Advocaat (admitted to the Bar in 2005)
- Partner since
- Coporate litigation, corporate law and commercial litigation
- Dutch, English
- University of Leiden
Jeroen specialises in corporate and commercial litigation and corporate law. He has represented clients in both civil and administrative courts, including the Enterprise Chamber in Amsterdam.
He regularly advises on shareholder and other corporate disputes, including on litigation and related issues in both friendly and hostile public takeover situations.
Jeroen’s recent work includes representing and advising:
- the franchisor of well-established Dutch DIY brands in a dispute with shareholders/franchisees in Enterprise Chamber proceedings
- a Chinese state-owned enterprise in USD 2 billion post-M&A litigation and arbitration
- former SNS REAAL N.V. in Enterprise Chamber proceedings
- the Eneco Shareholder Committee in connection with the potential privatisation of Eneco Group N.V
- a financial institution in a high value dispute over professional services liability
- a multinational manufacturer of automotive and industrial equipment in Enterprise Chamber proceedings
- Teva on its unsolicited USD 40 billion approach to Mylan
- Dutch Railways in a major contract claim regarding high-speed trains
- former management in the aftermath of the bankruptcy of KPNQwest, one of the largest Dutch bankruptcies to date
- corporate clients in administrative proceedings against financial regulatory authorities and related settlements (including mass settlements) with investors
Jeroen also has considerable experience in De Brauw’s transaction and restructuring practice groups.