- Kandidaat-Notaris (Candidate civil law notary)
- Partner since
- Corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance
- Dutch, English
- University of Leiden, Duisenberg school of finance (MSc)
Reinier’s primary focus is corporate law, including governance, advisory and M&A. A substantial part of his practice is cross-border, reflecting his extensive experience in international transactions involving multiple jurisdictions in a variety of business sectors.
Reinier has extensive experience across the field of corporate law. He regularly advises Dutch listed entities on corporate governance matters, anti-takeover responses (including relating to shareholder activism) and various legal and practical aspects of their listing.
Reinier’s recent work includes advising:
- NXP on its USD 47 billion acquisition by Qualcomm
- NXP on its USD 40 billion merger with Freescale
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (Israel) on its USD 40 billion unsolicited acquisition of Mylan, later withdrawn
- Klépierre on its divestment of nine shopping centres
- Klépierre on the EUR 7.2 billion recommended public exchange offer for Corio
- Affimed on its IPO on NASDAQ
- CNH Global on its cross-border merger with Fiat Industrial into a new Dutch top holding