Would you like to gain hands-on experience at the intersection of law and finance? If you are available for approximately 15 hours a week alongside your studies, this law assistant position is what you are looking for!
Your role as a law assistant
As a law assistant you will immerse yourself in a dynamic blend of 'know-how' activities and hands-on support for our practice's daily operations. Your role in know-how will involve staying updated on the latest legal trends, contributing to newsletters, and delivering engaging presentations. Additionally, you'll play a part in supporting our team by conducting comprehensive literature and case law research, crafting presentations, creating memos, and conducting research for both internal and external publications.
You will also be able to fully participate in all of our educational and social programmes, whether practice-specific or firmwide.
Our finance and restructuring team advises financial institutions, multinational companies, private equity investors and management, on the full range of corporate, asset and project financing, debt restructuring, and debt capital markets. By partnering with leading corporate and finance firms in Europe, the US and Asia, we offer seamless cross-border services to our clients. The breadth and depth of our legal capabilities in corporate, contract, security and insolvency law, and in regulatory matters, ensures that our finance and restructuring team is at the forefront of legal developments in the Netherlands.
We are looking for someone who …
• is studying for a master's in law, with a strong academic record;
• has prior internship experience and is eager to excel in this role;
• is meticulous and well organised;
• has a proactive, flexible and independent attitude;
• is fluent in Dutch and English;
• can work for us at least 15 hours a week, for six months.
1. We are pleased to receive your application. Kindly submit your documents, including your cover letter, CV, transcript, and, if applicable, your thesis and/or internship evaluation.
2. If you receive an invitation, you will be interviewed by one of our recruiters and a lawyer from the relevant practice. As part of the selection process, we ask you to complete an online personality questionnaire before your interview.
3. When the outcome is positive, you will receive an offer. We look forward to welcoming you to De Brauw.