Would you like to gain hands-on experience in competition and/or regulation? If you are available for approximately 15 hours a week alongside your studies, this law assistant position is what you are looking for!
Your role as a law assistant
As a law assistant you will immerse yourself in a dynamic blend of 'know-how' activities and hands-on support for our practice's daily operations. Your role in know-how will involve staying updated on the latest legal trends, contributing to newsletters, and delivering engaging presentations. Additionally, you'll play a part in supporting our team by conducting comprehensive literature and case law research, crafting presentations, creating memos, and conducting research for both internal and external publications.
You will also be able to fully participate in all of our educational and social programmes, whether practice-specific or firmwide.
Our competition and regulation practice gives strategic advice to multinational clients in enforcement actions and transactions. We have experience in obtaining clearance for complex merger control cases involving potential remedies before the European Commission and other competition agencies worldwide. Our team has handled many high-profile, data-intensive cartel cases before the European Commission, and has a track record of getting fines annulled before the European courts. We have vast experience in taking the lead in cross-border matters with tight cost-control measures in place, and efficiently coordinating merger filings, often in numerous jurisdictions, worldwide. We also participate in pending civil cartel-damages actions in the Netherlands, and work closely with our civil litigation specialists to assist our clients in their most complex matters.
We are looking for someone who …
• is studying for a master's in law, with a strong academic record;
• has prior internship experience and is eager to excel in this role;
• is meticulous and well organised;
• has a proactive, flexible and independent attitude;
• is fluent in Dutch and English;
• can work for us at least 15 hours a week, for six months.
- We are pleased to receive your application. Kindly submit your documents, including your cover letter, CV, transcript, and, if applicable, your thesis and/or internship evaluation.
- If you receive an invitation, you will be interviewed by one of our recruiters and a lawyer from the relevant practice. As part of the selection process, we ask you to complete an online personality questionnaire before your interview.
- When the outcome is positive, you will receive an offer. We look forward to welcoming you to De Brauw.