De Brauw is looking for a talented and driven Business Support Manager. If you are looking for a challenge in enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of all work processes, motivating and inspiring a Business Support team, and if you are looking for a management role in a dynamic environment– don’t look further!
This role is within the Business Support department. You will manage the Assistants (approximately 40 employees) in our various practice groups. You will report to the Head of Business Support, Hospitality and Facilities. The main responsibility of the Manager Business Support is to monitor and manage all processes, projects and activities and to work on the development of the department. You act as an account manager towards partners and as a coach/mentor to his/her team.
About the position
- Leads, manages, motivates and inspires the Business Support team;
- Is responsible for the overall quality and innovation of Business Support and to align the development and goals of Business Support with the vision and mission of the managing board;
- Coaches, mentors and develops assistants by conducting performance reviews and discussing feedback, career development and growth opportunities;
- Identifies professional and personal development opportunities while ensuring organisational balance and proper distribution of the workload;
- Empowers employees to take responsibility for their career and (personal) goals, ensures that this also keeps a healthy flow within Business Support;
- Acts as a sparring partner and adviser between the business (staff at all levels) and business support to always have the optimal match in terms of support;
- Contributes to the optimization of work processes in various projects, such as new procedures and staff developments.
Our ideal candidate
- Higher professional degree (HBO);
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including in a similar managerial role, for example within legal/consultancy business environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Dutch and English);
- Excellent stakeholder management, leadership and internal networking skills;
- Able to act independently and proactively;
- Analytical and innovative mindset;
- Able to create and communicate his/her vision;
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Flexible and customer service-focused attitude and mindset;
- Experience with people development practices.