Are you an eager student, looking to gain experience in a leading Dutch law firm with an international focus? Do you have a specific interest in employment law? And do you want to experience De Brauw's culture and environment for yourself?
Then a student traineeship is what you're looking for!
Your role as a student trainee
A student traineeship is the best way to get to know our firm and the Employment & Employee Benefits practice, as you will get a proper view of what our lawyers do on a daily basis. As a student trainee, you will conduct legal research for the matters we work on. You will share an office with one of our lawyers, so you will be able to ask them anything - and accompany them to court hearings and client meetings. You will learn on the job, through regular contact with a partner and a senior associate on any given matter, as well as with colleagues from other practice groups. You will also be able to fully participate in all of our educational and social programmes, whether practice-specific or firmwide.
Our leading Employment & Employee Benefits practice covers all aspects of employment law: from complex employment, co-determination and pension law litigation, to working closely with our M&A practice in national and international transactions. We advise and represent companies in individual dismissals (particularly at the executive level), collective dismissals and reorganisations, national and European co-determination, collective bargaining agreements, flexible and temporary employment relationships, pension law, equal treatment and industrial action (strikes). A strong focus of our employment litigation practice also lies in the role we play in Supreme Court proceedings. In short: we give you the opportunity to be a part of cases that make a difference to workers throughout the country.
We are looking for someone who is…
• a third-year Bachelor or a Master's student, with a strong academic record
• eager and excited to learn
• meticulous and well organised
• fluent in Dutch and English
- We are pleased to receive your application. Kindly submit your documents, including your cover letter, CV, transcript, and, if applicable, your thesis and/or internship evaluation.
- If you receive an invitation, you will be interviewed by one of our recruiters and a lawyer from the relevant practice. As part of the selection process, we ask you to complete an online personality questionnaire before your interview.
- When the outcome is positive, you will receive an offer. We look forward to welcoming you to De Brauw.