Are you an eager student, looking to gain experience in a Dutch leading law firm with an international focus? Do you have specific interest in transactions? And do you want to experience De Brauw's culture and environment for yourself? Then a student traineeship is a suitable opportunity for you!
Your role as a student trainee
A student traineeship is the best way to get to know our firm and the practice, as you will get a proper view of what our lawyers do on a daily basis. As a student trainee, you will conduct legal research for the matters we work on. You will share an office with one of our lawyers, so you will be able to ask them anything - and accompany them to court hearings and client meetings. You will learn on the job, through regular contact with a partner and a senior associate on any given matter, as well as with colleagues from other practice groups. You will also be able to fully participate in all of our educational and social programmes, whether practice-specific or firmwide.
The MACM (combining the Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets) practice provides services to a range of corporate clients and financial institutions on a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial matters. We advise on public and private and public-to-private takeovers, initial public offerings (IPOs), private equity, acquisition finance, and acquisitions and divestments of major Dutch and international corporates and financial institutions active in the Netherlands.
The MACM team is almost always in the lead of the corporate project team, working closely together with other practice groups to advise on all aspects of the transaction, including company law, contract law, employment law, competition law, financial law, securities law and regulatory aspects. This multi-disciplinary approach, often also combined with cross-border aspects that may also require the engagement of and working together with foreign counsel.
We are looking for someone who is…
• a third-year Bachelor or a Master's student, with a strong academic record
• eager and excited to learn
• meticulous and well organised
• fluent in Dutch and English
1. We are pleased to receive your application. Kindly submit your documents, including your cover letter, CV, transcript, and, if applicable, your thesis and/or internship evaluation.
2. If you receive an invitation, you will be interviewed by one of our recruiters and a lawyer from the relevant practice. As part of the selection process, we ask you to complete an online personality questionnaire before your interview.
3. When the outcome is positive, you will receive an offer. We look forward to welcoming you to De Brauw.