- Associate. Admitted to the California Bar in 2009; PRC qualification in 2000
- Mergers and acquisitions, corporate
- English, Chinese
- New York University School of Law, National University of Singapore, Jilin University
Yi Duan is a counsel at De Brauw’s Corporate practice and is based in Amsterdam. Prior to joining De Brauw, Yi practised law as an associate in both US and Chinese law firms in China.
Drawing on his diverse practice background, Yi is highly experienced in both advising multinational companies doing business in Asia, and assisting Chinese and other Asian companies making investments and acquisitions abroad.
Yi received an LL.M. degree from New York University School of Law and from the National University of Singapore. Yi is admitted to practise law in California, USA, and holds the Chinese lawyer qualification.
Yi’s recent work includes advising:
- Philips on the divestment of a majority stake in its LED components and automotive lighting business
- Wolters Kluwer on the acquisition of a software development company based in Beijing
- FrieslandCampina on the entry into a joint venture in China with Huishan Dairy Holdings
- Rabobank on the divestment of a 90.01% interest in Robeco to Japanese company ORIX Corporation
- Gilde Buy Out Partners and Parcom Capital on the sale of Nedschroef to Shanghai Prime Machinery Company
- SNS REAAL on the sale of its VIVAT insurance to Anbang group