As an HR Business Partner at De Brauw, you will play a crucial role in the career path of our lawyers, tax advisers, and civil-law notaries. You will advice (both practice group and individual level) on all HR related topics of the Legal employee cycle, such as performance, talent development, rotations, secondments and absenteeism. You will also play a role in the allocation of work (that is: you advise on the staffing of matters, taking into account workload and development needs).
About the role:
This role is particularly interesting because it provides an opportunity to work closely with the business and have a central and imperative role as a Business Partner. However, it also demands firmness, effective expectation management, and the ability to meet De Brauw's high standards.
- Act as a customer-focused link between the Legal business and HR expertise areas
- Provide professional advice and support to Legal employees and partners on people topics and professional development
- Operate in accordance with De Brauw's HR strategies, policies, and processes
- Foster an open and transparent culture that promotes growth
Key Result Areas:
- Implement professional development opportunities while ensuring workload balance
- Provide trusted advice to Legal employees and practice groups on all HR-related topics
- Develop departmental rotation plans and evaluate outcomes
- Manage the annual performance review cycles and related promotions
- Identify and help solve bottlenecks in HR strategies, policies, and processes
- Stay updated on relevant external HR developments
- Take ownership of projects and run them independently
- Minimum five years of relevant experience as an HR professional, preferably within a professional services organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
- Independent with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Academic education in Human Resources, Law, or related fields is advantageous
- Conceptual thinker with a down-to-earth, positive attitude and strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to build networks, work as a team, and maintain a sense of humor
Our HR team has around 30 team members, spread across different areas of expertise: Staffing & Development, Recruitment, Learning Institute and Compensation & Data. Several HR Officers are spread across the various teams, working in their own expertise. We operate as a business partner to the organization, and are therefore part of the full service that De Brauw provides to its clients.
De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek is an international law firm that is deeply rooted in the Netherlands. De Brauw advises more than 70% of the largest multinationals with headquarters in the Netherlands. De Brauw specialises in high-quality legal advice in complex transactions, proceedings and regulatory issues for companies and financial institutions. Over the years, De Brauw has built up a large and close-knit international network of renowned law firms. About 650 individuals are on staff at De Brauw in Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Shanghai and Singapore.