Can you find the right balance between People, Process and Technology in a top notch environment? Do you deliver solutions to business problems and opportunities? You might be the one we're looking for!
What is the job?
As a Business Information Analyst, you will be working in our Law Firm's internal organisation to help improve our processes and systems. Together with the Project Managers and colleagues you will do so by delivering quality solutions to business problems.
This job is right in the sweet spot between Business goals, End-users, Processes, Solution suppliers and our ICT department. You are responsible for the functional design of solutions, ensuring these are fit for purpose and help to digitise and improve our processes and systems.
Your job is to fully understand the business needs and its core processes, using listening and consulting skills. You translate these needs to concrete requests and ensure or challenge that the solution delivery meets the expectations and our standards. You play a key role from the vendor / solution selection to guiding the user and business requirements to concrete acceptance criteria. Validating the quality in the implementation all the way to supporting the adoption of the solution with our users.
Your drive for change will also contribute to further structuring and professionalising our Business Analysis and ICT team. We aim to improve and support our organisation in her day to day and future plans!
Who are you?
You are connecting the dots between the strategic, tactical and operational levels using your strong analytical and research skills. You believe in a good balance between process and pragmatism. You don’t shy away from challenge ideas and concepts where needed. A drive for continuous improvement and an eye for compliance. You have a service-minded and result-orientated attitude.
Our perfect candidate for this position has:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher with proven experience in areas such as business analysis, requirement management, business process modelling and information technology;
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience in a similar position;
- excellent communication and networking skills, with a good command of both Dutch and English in speech and writing;
- both an analytic and entrepreneurial mindset, able to think in processes and workflows;
- self-starter, autonomous worker and team player, proactive and supporting attitude;
- experience in stakeholder and expectation management;
- proficient in techniques or methodologies such as Requirements engineering, BISL, BPM, AgileBA, BABOK, UML, User Stories, brainstorming and interviewing;
- broad knowledge of IT-related fields and disciplines;
- affinity or experience in domains such as Legal, Knowledge / Document Management Data, Consultancy, Learning and HR is a bonus for this role.
Who are we?
This position of Business Information Analyst is part of the Projects team in the ICT Department, which in turn forms part of Business Solutions. Our ICT team, based in Amsterdam and consisting of about 35 people, aims to organise all services and automation processes so that all our colleagues in De Brauw can add value to the customer experience.
De Brauw is a Netherlands-headquartered law firm with a global reach. We have a robust corporate practice, a centre of excellence in litigation and an unparalleled team of regulatory experts. In our international litigation practice, we handle big and complex matters involving big risks, working in multidisciplinary, multinational teams composed of strong strategic thinkers willing to go the extra mile. We believe in striking the right balance between rigour and pragmatism, especially when the stakes are high and the pressure is on.