Are you a talented project manager with experience in Financial Management? Does thinking about providing excellent client delivery across international and multi-disciplinary teams get you excited? Have you got what it takes to lead projects, implement change, and deliver results in a high paced and ambitious work environment? Then this is the position you have been looking for.
About the role
As a Legal Project Manager: you will be responsible for organising, managing, and improving the processes in the most complex legal matters. You will be hands-on in managing legal projects and working with lawyers and clients, consulting with them closely to deliver results and implement technological solutions that improve our way of working. Your role will include:
- Hands-on management of legal projects. Trustworthy advisor and problem solver to senior stakeholders (e.g. Client, Partners);
- Responsibility for the financial management in the one of the largest matters of our firm
- Decide on the appropriate working methods, create financial agreements (including third party fees), assist with resourcing considerations, engage third parties, consult, on costs, and advise on (and support) the appropriate technology, platforms and/or providers to be utilised in each project.
- Liaising with lawyers, external parties and clients to define the scope of work and financial impact, advising on the appropriate platforms and/or providers, and associated costs, whilst ensuring a high standard of project delivery;
- Developing and managing the processes, tools and teams to facilitate a seamless and high quality delivery of projects within the agreed scope, budget and timeline;
- Overseeing financial management throughout the lifecycle of matters;
Who are you?
The right candidate has:
- At least 6 years financial project management experience in an international environment;
- A service-oriented mindset, get-the-job-done mentality, and is assertive and proactive: not uncomfortable sharing their advice, ideas, or concerns;
- Financial acumen
- A Legal, IT, or Business degree;
- Good influencing skills
- Experience working independently, and managing a multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience with visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, basic knowledge of SQL is a plus;
- Experience working in a high-paced professional environment;
- A good command of English. Dutch is also an advantage.
De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek is an international law firm that is deeply rooted in the Netherlands. De Brauw advises more than 70% of the largest multinationals with headquarters in the Netherlands. De Brauw specialises in high-quality legal advice in complex transactions, proceedings and regulatory issues for companies and financial institutions. Over the years, De Brauw has built up a large and close-knit international network of renowned law firms. About 650 individuals are on staff at De Brauw in Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Washington, Shanghai and Singapore.