We are seeking an experienced Application Manager to join our dynamic ICT department at De Brauw, a leading Dutch law firm.
About the role
As an Application Manager, you'll ensure the smooth operation and performance of De Brauw's applications. You'll provide knowledgeable second-line support for users, liaise with vendors, update documentation, provide feedback on applications and processes, collaborate and work together closely with other teams and departments.
This role is ideal for an individual with a strong background in managing (legal) applications, who has a solid understanding of the legal industry, and the ability to drive continuous improvement initiatives. The role requires a combination of technical and functional expertise, strategic thinking and effective communication to ensure the reliability, security and optimal performance of all our applications in alignment with business objectives.
1. Application Administration:
- Perform day-to-day administration and configuration of legal applications to meet the firm's evolving requirements.
- Collaborate with end-users to gather feedback and make user-centric improvements.
2. Application Optimization:
- Continuously assess the performance and efficiency of legal applications and recommend improvements.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process optimization to enhance overall productivity.
3. Technical Support:
- Provide second-level support for application-related issues, troubleshooting and resolving problems efficiently.
- Liaise with the Servicedesk to ensure timely response to user queries and reported incidents.
4. User Support:
- Provide technical support to legal professionals and staff for application-related issues.
- Develop and conduct training sessions to ensure users are proficient in utilizing applications.
5. Upgrades and Enhancements:
- Assist in planning and executing application upgrades, patches and enhancements.
- Work closely with vendors and internal teams to test new features and ensure seamless integration.
6. Training and Documentation:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training materials for end-users.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for all legal applications, including configurations, integrations, and troubleshooting procedures.
7. Security and Compliance:
- Collaborate with the InfoSec team to implement and monitor security measures for legal applications.
- Stay informed about security best practices and assist in compliance efforts.
8. Project Support:
- Support senior team members in the execution of application-related projects.
- Take ownership of specific project tasks, ensuring their completion within established timelines.
9. Vendor Liaison:
- Interact with application vendors to report and resolve issues, and stay informed about product roadmaps.
- Participate in vendor meetings to discuss updates, enhancements, and ongoing support.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field. Or 3+ years of experience in a similar Application Management role, preferably within the legal industry.
- Knowledge of (legal) applications, document management systems, and case management solutions.
- Strong understanding of ITIL or other IT service management frameworks.
- Familiarity with configuring, managing and monitoring applications in the cloud with Azure and Microsoft O365 admin tools. (*)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills in both Dutch and English.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently when required.
De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek is an international law firm that is deeply rooted in the Netherlands. De Brauw advises more than 70% of the largest multinationals with head offices in the Netherlands. De Brauw specialises in high-quality legal advice in complex transactions, procedures and regulatory issues for companies and financial institutions. Over the years, De Brauw has built up a large and close-knit international network of renowned law firms. About 900 employees work at De Brauw in Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Shanghai and Singapore.