- Advocaat, admitted to the Bar in 2003
- Partner since
- Corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate restructuring and corporate litigation
- Dutch, English
- University of Groningen
As a corporate/M&A specialist, Klaas is the trusted adviser to a number of listed companies, large multinationals and private equity firms on a wide range of issues, including public and private M&A, joint ventures, restructurings, corporate law, corporate governance and listing rules in the Netherlands and abroad.
Klaas has extensive experience in cross-border M&A, assisting clients in their transactions outside their home country.
Klaas’s recent work includes advising:
- Takeaway.com on its merger with Just Eat
- GrandVision in connection with the transfer of 76.62% of GrandVision’s shares from HAL to EssilorLuxottica
- Takeaway.com on the acquisition of Delivery Hero’s German food delivery operations and on the acquisition of the Israeli B2B food delivery platform 10bis
- Ramphastos on the acquisition of HEMA from Lion Capital
- Intergamma on the buy out of its largest franchisee CRH/Van Neerbos
- ING Group on the acquisition of a 75% stake in Payvision
- HAL Investments on its acquisition of Deli Building Supplies, the sale of AudioNova to Sonova, and the acquisition of a 25% stake in Dutch Mortgage Funding Company
- NN Group on the sale of Mandema & Partners
- Grontmij on the recommended public offer by Sweco
- Klépierre on the recommended public exchange offer for Corio
- Royal Ahold Delhaize on the acquisition of SPAR’s Czech business and the divestment of its Slovakian activities
- Royal Ahold Delhaize on its acquisition of online retailer Bol.com
- Egeria on the divestment of NRC Media to Mediahuis Nederland and AXENT NabestaandenZorg to a.s.r.
- RELX on a number of divestments including Elsevier and various other publishing activities
Chambers says: "Klaas de Vries is highlighted by sources as an increasingly prominent adviser in the market, (…) seasoned in M&A matters."