This edition focuses on:
1. Germany's Federal Cartel office continuing its enforcement of national rules for large digital players;
2. Dutch preliminary reference on parity clauses and market definition for online travel agents (OTAs);
3. Regulatory restrictions on OTAs in Portugal and the complaint by EU Travel tech;
4. Apple & Google's use of customer data in Italy; and
5. UK Competition & Market Authority's final report on the music streaming market.
You can access the newsletter here.
The newsletter is produced jointly by the Best Friends group: BonelliErede, Bredin Prat, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Hengeler Mueller, Slaughter and May and Uría Menéndez. In addition to sharing a joint office in Brussels, we cooperate in the area of competition law by working together on cases, exchanging lawyers and pooling our know-how and expertise. We also jointly develop trainings for clients and products, like the Best Friends dawn raid site (available at www.europeandawnraids.com - you can download the link to your smartphone). We believe that together our cross-border capabilities in Europe are second to none.